Christmas sweets treats with Burleigh
The festive feast continues and it’s time for the star of the show…dessert! Nothing quite says Christmas holidays like the smell of a sweetly spiced Bundt cake; unless it is an Orange and Chai Spiced Bundt Cake of course.
Ingredients for cake (serves 8-10 people):
300g caster sugar
150ml orange juice
100ml extra virgin olive oil
50ml almond oil
200g self raising flour
3 tsp chai spice mix
1 tsp vanilla
50 orange zest
Dash of sunflower oil
Ingredients for glaze:
25ml orange juice
1 tsp chai spice mix (or more, depends how much spice you would like!)
50g icing sugar or more (depending how thick you would like your icing)
- Preheat your oven to 160C fan.
- Mix the sugar, eggs, zest and juice in a bowl with a whisk.
- After whisking for 5 minutes, add in the oil (almond and olive).
- Whisk in the flour, chai spice and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Lightly oil your bundt pan with an oil of choice (Gemma used a bit of sunflower oil spray)
- Pour in your cake mixture into your oiled bundt tin.
- Pop into the oven for 36 minutes or until you can stick a knife through without it sticking.
- While the bundt bakes, stir together your glaze and adjust to your preference.
- Once bundt is ready, leave to cool for a few minutes and then flip onto a cooling rack.
- Once fully cooled (unless you prefer to eat while warm), move to a serving plate and pour your glaze over. Serve with more glaze on the side for extra sweetness
To finish off your evening in style, we recommend this warming ‘Whisky Hot Chocolate’
Ingredients (to serve 2):
50ml honey whiskey (or spiced whiskey)
100g milk chocolate
500g single cream
½ tsp nutmeg
2 cinnamon sticks (per each cup)
- In a saucepan, heat your single cream gently.
- Stir in your milk chocolate until fully combined.
- Add in your nutmeg and honey whiskey and leave on the heat for just a minute or so.
- Pour into mugs and serve with cinnamon sticks and marshmallows to garnish.