Creating the perfect tablescape this summer
Cooking and dining outside under the warmth of the summer sun is a delight that we all anticipate during August. The Great British Summertime can sometimes be tricky to work around, but that just adds an element of surprise!
One thing that you can rely on, is selecting your tableware that will brighten the table, whatever the weather. For dining al fresco, we recommend our classic Blue Regal Peacock collection. Regal by name and regal by nature, the exquisite Blue Regal Peacock collection features striking oriental bird motifs and rich blue hues bringing a majestic charm to each and every occasion. Each piece is handmade in England for an unrivalled quality and finish that Burleigh is renowned for.
To bring you some guidance and added confidence to elevate your alfresco dining experience, we got in touch with Elisa Meier; the founder of exclusive tailor made wedding planning and event service, Casa D’ita. From an international background, she grew up between Switzerland , the Bahamas and London and works all over Europe, from Portofino to Gstaad.
Elisa loves to mix both old and new, vintage and modern products together. Here she chose to style our Blue Regal Peacock dinner plates into her outdoor dinner party, the blue hues are complemented by the fresh zesty lemons and bright pinks in the fresh flowers. We want you to feel confident in your tablescapes too, to elevate your dining experiences at home with your nearest and dearest.
Here Elisa shared her ‘top tips’ for creating the perfect tablescape :
- Make it feel casual, yet elegant
- Fresh flowers will always add some freshness and a great touch to add to your table
- A tablecloth will elevate and refine your table and so will linen napkins, make your guests feel like you have really gone the extra mile!
- Mixing old with new, vintage with modern is a great way to add some depth to your table
- Candles, candles, candles! You can never have too many!
- You can complement a table with some fruit bowls like cherries, lemons or anything in season really. Natural elements gives to your table a beautiful simplicity and a hint of colour too
- Be creative, be fun, daring... a table is where friends and family gather to enjoy a unique moment so make it special and enjoy!