Festive Feasting with Burleigh
Festivity is well and truly in the air and so is the aroma of the much loved Christmas roast!
As much as we love the traditions of the season, we have also loved being inspired by Gemma and her alternative recipes this winter. A world away from the traditions of a Christmas dinner, but equally heart-warming and most importantly delicious.
If you are hosting a dinner party with a twist this year, whether that be with your nearest and dearest or meeting virtually with friends, we are here with just the menu for it! Complete with a main, side, dessert, and after dinner drinks to make sure your ‘guests’ go home suitably stuffed, it is Christmas after all...
These recipes have been curated by our good friend, Gemma , a recipe creator, photographer and blogger based in London. She is all smiles and full of energy, and has a passion for creating new recipes, discovering the best new restaurants, and is currently perfecting her food photography at home.
For the main course, here we have served up a Brie and Crispy Bacon Mac & Cheese. To create this at home you will need the following ingredients.
- 250ml cream
- 400g brie (rinds removed)
- 50g crushed bacon bits (cooked to crisp)
- 200g spirali pasta (dry)
- ½ chicken stock cube (for pasta)
- Dash of black pepper
Recommended serving size: 2 servings as a main course, 4 servings as a side
- On the stove, bring a pan of water to the boil.
- Once boiled, add in the pasta and stock cube, making sure the stock cube dissolves fully.
- Follow cooking instructions for pasta and then drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, add cream and brie to a saucepan on a medium-low heat and stir until brie is fully combined.
- Once pasta is cooked, stir in the pasta to the brie mixture, adding crushed bacon bits (reserve a few for topping).
- Serve with more crushed bacon sprinkled on top and a good dash of black pepper.
The end result served on the stunning backdrop of our Ink Blue Hibiscus….
But what is the perfect festive dish without a side of sprouts? Here Gemma shared how to get the perfect greens for your festive dinner party with Red Onion Brussel Sprouts.
Ingredients (serves 4):
500g brussel sprouts
1 large red onion sliced thinly
5 tbsp olive oil
1 large pinch of salt
- Clean your brussel sprouts.
- In a frying pan, heat your oil and red onion and cook until starting to caramelise (this can take up to 20-25 minutes).
- Add in your brussel sprouts and cook until bright and softened, with crisp centres.
- Season with salt and serve!
Shop the full range of Collection One here and don’t forget to tag us in your festive culinary delights using #BurleighPottery
We will be back next week to share some inspiration for the perfect dessert this Christmas as well as a winter warming drink too good to miss!