Our third and final week of Breakfast with Burleigh. We hope that you’ve enjoyed it?
We teamed up with Rosie (aka @the.geographer) to bring you some delicious recipes for ‘Breakfast with Burleigh’. First up we had the Summer Breakfast Bowl, then the Grapefruit and Mascarpone Pancakes…Today we bring to you the Burleigh Breakfast Tarts.
Burleigh Breakfast Tarts
What you’ll need:
320g ready-made puff pastry
Toppings (all optional)
4 rashers bacon
Cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and unroll the puff pastry onto a chopping board
- Cut the pastry into four rectangles and score a line, about half the depth of the pastry, 1cm in from the edge of the pastry, all the way round.
- Place the pastry rectangles on the baking sheets and put into the oven for about 10 minutes, until the pastry is well risen and just beginning to turn golden on the corners.
- While the pastry cooks, if you would like to use bacon as a topping, fry this now quickly in a pan and remove to a plate when finished.
- Extract the baking sheet from the oven and push the risen pastry in the middle part of each rectangle down.
- Arrange your extra toppings in the middle part of each rectangle (we recommend a good layer of grated cheese!)
- Break an egg into the middle of your tarts, on top of your other toppings, and place back into the oven for about 15 minutes, until the egg is fully cooked and the pastry is nice and golden.
Serve on your favourite pieces of Burleigh ware and enjoy!
Don’t forget to tag us in your images on Instagram using #BreakfastwithBurleigh