Summer BBQ’s with Burleigh
Summer has at long last arrived in the UK, and in true British style the hint of sunshine can only mean one thing…It is time to fire up the BBQ!
This summer, we have so much to celebrate, and first up is Father’s Day.
Allow the Father in your life to hang up his apron this year and for you to take over the reins to make your summer soiree extra indulgent – and because our beautiful tableware deserves beautiful food to be served upon, we have partnered with Gemma who has kindly shared these mouth-watering recipes with us; just in time for Father’s Day this June. Giving you the step by step guide you need to curate your own BBQ at home with a beautiful spread for Dad, consisting of your staple BBQ dish with delectable side dishes to really accentuate your summer soiree!
Gemma’s first recipe is a BBQ staple, but with a nutty twist…
Beef Kebabs with Nutty Pesto (serves 2)
Beef kebabs ingredients:
2x 250g beef fillet, cubed (large)
2 tbsp olive oil
+ large pinch of salt and pepper
Nutty lemon pesto ingredients:
4 tbsp olive oil
1 lemon, juice
2 handfuls almonds (unsalted)
1 tbsp honey
1 handful fresh mint leaves
- Cube the beef fillets and toss with salt in a bowl and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour before cooking
- Once ready, skewer about 4-5 pieces of meat per kebab (this should make 4 kebabs in total). Heat your BBQ (cooking times will vary depending on size and temperature of your BBQ)
- Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side, then remove to rest, covered with another plate or tea towel for around 5 minutes. Once rested, serve with green salad on the side and nutty lemon pesto spooned over the top.
For the pesto, blend all ingredients together in a blender or pestle & mortar, and voila!
To go alongside the perfect Beef Kebab as you’d expect is a summer potato salad; but homemade of course.
Creamy & smooth potato salad (serves 2-4 as a side)
Potato salad ingredients:
400g new potatoes
3 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
3 tbsp full fat mayonnaise
1½ tbsp olive oil
1½ tbsp white wine vinegar
1 large pinch of smoked salt
+ freshly ground pepper to serve
- Boil new potatoes for 15 minutes or until you can pierce them easily with a fork
- Once drained, run under cold water and leave to cool on the counter (or pop them in the fridge to speed up the process)
- Once cooled, halve or quarter each potato dependent on size so that all potatoes are around the same size
- Stir with mayonnaise, olive oil, white wine vinegar, smoked salt and freshly chopped chives
Sweet whole broccoli salad (serves 2-4 as a side)
Broccoli salad ingredients:
1 head of broccoli, whole & chopped roughly into about 1cm pieces
½ red onion, chopped finely
For the dressing:
1 tsp mustard
1 tbsp honey
4 tbsp olive oil
+ pinch of salt optional
- Mix together broccoli and onion. Whisk together dressing and pour over veggies. Marinate for at least 10 minutes before serving for full flavour.
Now all that is left to do is serve the BBQ, relax and enjoy.
Browse the Collection One range to complete your BBQ table this summer.