From May through to September, Apricots are widely available, and what better way to make use of them than with a beautiful Apricot Pavlova.
Rosie from @byrosielouise kindly shared this recipe with us as she fondly remembers her Mother this summertime. ‘I've always loved apricots. They remind me of my mum and of summers picking them with her in Provence, and she always made pavlovas in the summer, too, so this is kind of an ode to her! The vivid orange always sings of summer, and I love pairing them with a deep, green mint to really bring a dessert to life.’
Follow Rosie’s steps below to create an Apricot Pavlova for your own summer gathering this year.
4 large eggs
200g caster sugar
1tsp white wine vinegar
300ml double cream
1. Heat the oven to 150C fan and line a baking tray with parchment.
2. Separate the eggs and place the whites in a large bowl.
3. Using an electric beater, whisk until stiff (you should be able to tip the bowl upside down and they won’t fall out!)
4. Add in the sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, mixing fully in before adding the next, until the meringue is glossy and all the sugar has been used up.
5. Whisk in the cornflour and the white wine vinegar.
6. On the baking tray, spread the meringue into a nest-shaped circle, with slightly higher edges and a dipped middle.
7. Bake for one hour until the meringue is just crisp and coloured on the outside, and then turn the oven off, leave the door open and let the meringue cool for another hour or so.
8. While the meringue is cooling, whip the cream until it is softly holding its shape. Once cooled, spread and top with summer fruits of your choice.
Roasted Apricots and Mint Topping
punnet of apricots, sliced in half and stones removed
3 tbsp caster sugar
fresh mint sprigs
1. Preheat the oven to 180C fan
2. Line a baking tray with parchment and arrange the apricot halves
3. Sprinkle the caster sugar over the apricots and place into the oven for about 20 minutes, until soft and golden looking
4. Arrange on your pavlova with sprigs of fresh mint
Are you inspired to create this recipe at home? Shop the look of our Ink Blue HIbiscus Collection here.