Who doesn't love pancakes? We know we do! We’re sure you enjoyed last week's recipe for the Summer Breakfast bowl, topped with seasonal fruits. And if you're back again for recipe number two, you shan't be disappointed with these Grapefruit and mascarpone pancakes, topped with walnuts.
This is a great recipe for all the family to enjoy together, the recipe below makes 10 medium sized pancakes and it's sure to be a hit.
What you’ll need:
150g plain flour
12.5g/2.5 tsp baking powder
300 ml milk
40g butter, melted
1 grapefruit, sliced and cut into segments
50 g walnuts, chopped
3 tbsp mascarpone
- Place all the dry ingredients together in one bowl, and mix well.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together well, ensuring the mixture is smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing well and smoothing out any lumps.
- Heat a good dollop of sunflower oil in a saucepan, and make your first pancake by spooning a small amount of the mixture into the pan.
- The pancake will rise and expand, so keep the amount of mixture small to start with!
- After about a minute, flip the pancake over and cook on the other side.
- Continue until all the batter has been used, and place the finished pancakes near the oven to keep them warm while you cook.
- Serve with a spoonful of mascarpone on each plate and add the grapefruit and walnuts.
Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to tag us in your images on Instagram, using #BreakfastwithBurleigh